Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What We Do With Over-ripe Fruit

If you have over ripe bananas, and maybe some apples or whatever kind of overly juicy leftover fruit might be lurking in your fruit bowl, just throw them in a blender and make a breakfast shake. I use 2-3 bananas, or 2 bananas with an apple or two, some ice...maybe 2 cups, about 2 cups of milk, 2-3 Tbsp. of sugar or your favorite sweetener, and few drops of vanilla extract. Blend till smooth (though my kids love a few chunks every once in a while). Drink quickly, as the bananas tend to become "rusty" in a short period of time. It's delicious and easier than trying to throw together a banana bread. Works for me! Check out more great tips over at Rocks in My Dryer!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging and WFMW! I read your post about your daughter, too, and it's so sweet and encouraging. With you as a mom, I'm sure she will be a success.

    ReplyDelete